August 18th, 2010
|04:19 pm - The Esoteric Secret|
The whole of the Law,
The full of the Rede
The mantra of Truth
In word and in deed
Not the Left or Right Hand
Not the Black or the White
Throw all of that out
As neither are right
Suck all of life in
Till you can hold no more
And open your eyes
to see what life’s for
The loftiest goal
The Zen from on high
“Do Me As Thou Wilt”
And thus so Will I.
March 1st, 2010
|01:12 pm - Inside Out - A Cthulhu Live Story and Call For Characters!|
Ladies, Gentlemen, Witches, Sorcerers, Cultists, Victims, Mad
Scientists and denizens of eldrich dimensions beyond our
understanding, welcome to "Inside Out" a Cthulhu Live story based on
the Cthulhu Live 3rd Edition rules.
The story takes place in the latter half of the 20th century at an
exclusive New England insane asylum, err psychiatric hospital. Players
will be either, Doctors, Nurses, Patients or visitors to the facility.
All players will be human.
Tentative location: Baker Systems
Tentative date(s): 3-20 or 3-27
Tentative Times: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
If you would like to play, PLEASE let us know ahead of time!!!!! We
are pregenerating all characters and we'd like to get you a bio so you
can decide on your costuming :) (Costumes will get you bonus stuff!!)
Details and the request form can be found at:
Or just go to the CID website and click on the Cthulhu Live tab!
IA! IA! CTHULHU! F'THAGN!
January 21st, 2010
|04:49 pm - Where Oh Where Shall I Drive People Mad?|
So, I have a great Cthulhu Story ready, Interest is high, I've heard verbal 'Count Me In's' from well over 30 people!
Of course, as always in Columbus... I must find a location. I've got the story, I've got characters and players and I've got nothing for a location.
So Baker Systems would be my favorite spot but it looks like its squatted on every Saturday and Sunday by other LARPs. If anyone has any ideas of location, please point me at it! The event will be taking place in a "Lunatic Asylum" so anything with a hospital like feel would work well... a long hallway with small rooms and maybe one big room as a common area?
I know I'm probably hoping for way more than I'll get, but we must persevere!!
January 13th, 2010
|05:14 pm - An interesting list of Obama fail...|
So between the Hope and Change and Nobel prizes... here's a list of what else our Commander in Chief is doing:
* The bailout. Enough said.
* Refusing to investigate any of the Bush era crimes, including the Iraq War falsification of intelligence, torture or the surveillance state
* Backing the renewal of PATRIOT Act provisions
* Asserting the power to order extraordinary rendition, ie; kidnapping
* Asserting the power to hold detainees indefinitely, without charge, as well as seeking to hold people indefinitely on the basis they may commit acts of terrorism in the future
* Military show trials will continue in cases where civilian trials would lose (due to the lower threshold for proof)
* Torture will continue at "black sites" like Bagram Air Base and Balad Air Base
* Failure to close Guantamo (though, given the above abuses, it would make little difference) and worsening of abuse there
* Private mercenaries have been deployed to Somalia, and US Special Forces to Yemen, meaning the USA is now waging war in five Muslim countries right now
* Failure to withdraw in any meaningful sense from Iraq (50-60,000 troops are intended to continue serving in the country)
* Pointless surge in Afghanistan
* Increased use of Predator airstrikes in Pakistan, weapons with a 95% chance of killing a civilian instead of a terrorist
* Escalation of a farcical global missile defense shield
* Blackwater are now an integral part of "special operations" taking place in Pakistan
* Blackwater are also helping to plan JSOC missions for Uzbekistan
* Failure to act in any meaningful way on healthcare reform
* Ramping up the surveillance state with new "fusion centres" and a new base for the NSA in Utah which is big enough to store the entire internet twice over on it (a "Yottabyte")
* Complete inability to put real pressure on Israel to stop building in the occupied territories
* Massively expanding the drug war in Colombia, much to the excitement of President Uribe
* Expansion of the Islamabad embassy to turn it into a virtual fortress of American power in Pakistan
* Obama has cosied up with Islam Karimov's regime in Uzbekistan, the one that drops dissidents into vats of boiling water and uses child slave labour
* Private contractors in Afghanistan have increased 40% under Obama, despite the obviousness of their flaws being exposed in Iraq
* The hideous agreement pushed by Obama at Copehagen
So Obama is obviously far better than Bush... he doesn't make up random words and phrases that make no sense and um... err... ah...
Oh someone help me out here!!!!!!!
( cribbed from http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=23681.0 )
Current Mood: confused
|04:01 pm - If You Know What I Meme...|
I never gave up on the thought
but long since moved on from the dream.
For I saw what madness was brought
by my very first viral meme.
I thought it was clever by far
with wit sharp as any I’d seen.
I’d soon be an Internet Star
from my very own viral meme.
It was everyone’s favorite obsession
and Facebook and MySpace were keen
to answer too personal questions
in the latest new viral meme.
It took me three weeks and a day
to plan and connive and to scheme,
But I thought it was mostly wordplay
when they called it a viral meme.
Now thousands are dead and the dying,
fill the air with a concerted scream.
For alas! Without even trying
I launched a fatally viral meme.
Ratatosk, Squirrel of Discord,
Muncher of the ChaoAcorn
Chatterer of the Word of Eris
POEE of the Great Googlie Mooglie Cabal
January 11th, 2010
|01:33 pm - Alkaseltzior!|
(apologies to Longfellow... nah, screw him, he's dead)
The pains of gas were coming fast,
as dinner through the stomach passed.
The food of tacos, beans and rice
could be bested by just one device,
The ache was great with no relief,
from that wrap of cheesy beef,
and onion to my breath had clung,
what relief could soothe my tum?
Earlier I felt all right,
And thought of tex-mex for the night
But now its done and I sit at home,
upon my couch I weep and moan
"Take a Tums" the girlfriend said,
"Or Prilosec, perhaps instead"
But I felt a pain on my left side,
and knew that gas would split me wide,
So I turned to that which I knew best,
to calm the fire within my breast,
To the kitchen for a glass, went I
for water, then with heavy sigh,
Next to the bathroom, while my stomach roared,
to find a sort of peace accord,
Then within my guts I could declare
an answer to my desperate prayer.
I tore the packet and dropped the round
pellets with their merry sound,
The Effervescence sure was nice,
to calm the aftereffect of spice
Now in peaceful repose I lay,
as the darkness brings to end the day
and though tomorrow brings anal pain,
I fall asleep to the calm refrain:
October 1st, 2009
|11:35 am - Google Wave Invites?|
If anyone has Google Wave invites, I will gladly whore myself out for one.
September 18th, 2009
|12:16 pm - Oh My Goddess!|
Last night I went to Giant Eagle to pick up some foodstuff (for us and the cats) and Tylenol. A couple and their two children happened to be in the same aisle. Their daughter was, perhaps, 3 or 4 years old, blond terribly cute and pixieish and nearly ran Sjaantze over. I thought this was just innocent child exuberence... until the girl's dad said "Eris, behave!".
WHAT?! I thought a moment and realized I must have misheard. The little girl zoomed across the aisle again and the dad said "Eris!"
Yes, I met a little Eris and her baby brother Norton. I have no idea who they were, or where they came from, but Eris and Norton showed up in my reality 150 years to the day after the Emperor's Grand Declaration.
Hail Eris, All Hail Discordia!
September 17th, 2009
|09:52 am - OTANI!|
Ok, Sjaantze's birthday is tomorrow and we decided to do Happy Hour at Otani's Sushi Resturant (http://www.otanisushi.com/) tomorrow, that is FRIDAY September 18!
Come have drinks or raw fish or cooked food or fried food or just sing Karaoke. We'll get there around 5:30 or 6 PM. The Tokyo Iced Teas are killer!
September 15th, 2009
This is quite possibly one of those Internet things that destroy ones faith in humanity.
This comment sums it up nicely:
You know how some old people try to claim that the 60s and 70s were really wild times? With all the music and counterculture? And how they smoked a bunch of pot and marched in the streets? And how the world is much more normal today?
WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT, OLD PEOPLE. IT IS 2008, AND THE BLOGOSPHERE IS ABUZZ WITH CITIZENS ALL ACROSS THE WORLD WATCHING VIDEOS ON THEIR IPHONES OF A DEAD BABY DRESSED LIKE A KILLA KLOWN. WE'VE GOT MORE CRAZY IN A SINGLE FUCKING TWITTER THAN HUNTER S. THOMPSON HAD IN HIS WHOLE BODY. WE ARE THE GENERATION THAT HAS KILLED KNOWLEDGE -- EVEN KILLED INFORMATION ITSELF -- AND GOD WILLED HIMSELF INTO EXISTENCE JUST TO DAMN OUR SOULS. DIGG THIS UP TO SUPPORT THE GOLD STANDARD.
- From the Committee for the Rebuilding of the Fourth Wall